So what is your character doing about it? Here’s a whole bunch of stuff you and your clan should be role-playing right now.
- Fighting off huge honking ice dragons. In case you hadn’t noticed, Stormwind and Orgrimmar are under attack! If you’re 70, by the Light, get out there and start fighting them off. And role-play it! Yell back and forth to each other. Call for engineers to prop up the failing buildings! Once the battle is ended, get your medics wandering around to check that the workers are all right. You only get a few days to turn this into a role-playing event, so do it!
- Saying goodbye to loved ones. At this point, it’s clear that Northrend is about to become a major battle front. Thrall has declared war, as has Varian Wrynn. Soldiers are spending their last few days with those they love. Even if you’re in love with another adventurer (that is, a PC) you should be still taking your time to say goodbye. Nobody knows what might happen in Northrend.
- Live up the high life. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die! Get together a group of the guys and go on a drunken rampage of a major city. If anyone asks, scream that they’re all gonna be dead tomorrow. Do it right and you’ll put a chill into everyone’s spine.
- Prepare. Rations? Check. Bandages? Check. Ammunition? Check. Quartermasters and guild leaders could put in a role-playing event of packing equipment and supplies for the upcoming campaign. Don’t treat this as a minor event of just yelling out ‘check’ every so often; these events can be tense. It’s here where it all becomes reality, so there’s a lot of opportunity for fear, hope, and worry. It’s a potentially great role-play event. (It’s also one that cheerfully even non-70s can take part in.)
- Pray. Finally, get your entire guild out to Stormwind Cathedral or the Shrine of the Fallen Warrior and have your top priest or shaman bless every one of them for battle. Lead them in prayer. Alternatively, get yourself out to Uther’s Tomb in Western Plaguelands, or The Monument to Grom Hellscream and give thanks for those who have fought before, and pray for their guidance ahead.
You only get one shot at this, guys. There’s only two more days before the World of Warcraft changes forever. Mark this moment with a role-play event and do it now.