Y’know, it occurs to me now that you could also provide some small measure of support for in-game marriages simply by setting up engravers in the game. Just an NPC here or there who can add flavor text of your choosing to an item, shown in the tooltip. This would go well and truly beyond weddings, it has all sorts of practical applications for role-play.
- As noted, you could turn any ring into a wedding ring.
- You could give more appropriate gifts to celebrate promotions in your guild; a high-level weapon-smith might make a Blackguard and have engraved, “To keep peace and wage war,” on it.
- You could get two fist weapons engraved with “Love” and “Hate”. Or maybe “Fear” and “Loathing”. What about “Pain” and “Even more pain”?
- “Hand me my empty wallet. It’s the one that says ‘sweet guy’ on it.”
- OK, that one’s not really very serious.
- Alright alright, but how about this one: You could engrave small items with instructions on them and have your rogue pass them to other rogues as a way of secretly communicating, spy style? Or you could hand them out as part of player-run quests?
- You could put safety warnings on Engineering items.
Seriously, the possibilities are endless. This wouldn’t, I think, be a major coding effort either. I think that Blizzard should do this, and if you’re reading this, Blizzard, I just want to let you know that I think you should this this.